Theme Bittero issues
Home › Forums › Feature Request › Theme Bittero issues
Question status -
I’m afraid I have had many errors implementing this theme.
1. Why does the slider point to ‘sticky’ posts instead of categories?
2. Social icons point to a previous post instead of social media!!
3. Why oh why do you use a gray color for text font?
My blog is https://mightymusings.nl. I will keep the theme activated only for today. If I do not get any follow-up on these issues I want a total refund.
Irene alias @webpixelqueenOctober 8, 2014 at 11:11 am #4634
thank you for purchasing.
1. Generally it’s easier to add posts to slider this way. You just check one box “Make it sticky”, instead of creating new category, going to theme options, selecting that category, number of posts, and stuff you don’t need to. It shortens the procedure. That’s why.
2. I guess you figured this.
3. Because this way titles are more emphasized. You can change the text color if you don’t like, as I see you did. 🙂
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Your site looks beautiful!October 8, 2014 at 1:15 pm #4635
Thanks for your response.
1. But I do not think that sliders based on ‘sticky’ are handy or convenient! The ‘sticky’ posts in the slider also do not appear in the post list followed below.
2. There is an error in the swt-social.php file!
3. Thanks for the compliment!
IreneOctober 8, 2014 at 7:51 pm #4637
1. I agree, there are other ways to create slides, but this one is easy to develop, and what’s more important – easier to explain to the beginners. I would also love to hear your opinion on how to create slides.
Sticky posts do not appear in the post list cause it would be double content.
2. Can you please explain a bit more?
SinisaOctober 9, 2014 at 11:03 am #4641
1. Bloggers – in general – do not post large images with their posts. So images will look strange in wide sliders. I think, furthermore, that people would like to see smaller images with links to the post and a small excerpt text in it that will shuffle. Preferrably based on categories or the most recent posts.
2. After activating the ‘Bittero’ theme I added the Social Media links. When then I looked at the site and pressed the Twitter button I saw: https://mightymusings.nl/1. Which meant that my site looked for a post with that ID rather than my Twitter-account. I think that is a mayor error, don’t you?October 10, 2014 at 7:26 am #4649
1. Thank you Irene, we really appreciate your input! I’ve read your review also, and it cleared me few things which I could not understand right away from this topic.
2. Thank you for reporting, there was a bug on my end. It’s fixed now.
If you have any other questions, we’ll be glad to help!
SinisaOctober 10, 2014 at 12:47 pm #4655
It’s been a while since I last used this theme, but here I am again, check it out on mightymusings.nl.
However, I do have some suggestions for you.
1) The featured image is not set as ‘the_post_thumbnail’, which is what I did change it to, since Facebook posting requires such and could not find the right post-image. Am I correct on this?
2) As I often look for appropriate images for my blogposts I find it very convenient to have the source of the image inside the image (wp-caption-text), both on front page as well as in single post. Perhaps this is something that you may consider for your future themes?
3) Of course, with all the changes I applied to this theme, I thought it would be best to produce a child theme. Now, how am I going to find out whether you have updated the parent theme 😉 (with all of WordPress’ turmoil lately?).
That’s all for now.
Irene aka PixMay 9, 2015 at 6:11 am #5337
Good job with the child theme, I would just suggest you wider header image. It’s 1201px, and desktop screen resolution is mostly 1920px, so your image stretches and loses resolution.
1. I guess, I’m not sure what fb requirements are, but I’m assuming that the problem may be size of the image, and theme is set by default to show only full size images (that way fits multiple theme layouts). So, if you have to big image, like 3264x1836px, theme will show that, and fb will not accept it.
2. Thank you for advice, it’s worth considering. By default, our themes do not show captions on featured images, but it’s pretty easy to add support for it. You can just edit this line:
<?php get_the_image( array( 'size' => 'swt-full', 'image_class' => 'featured-image', 'order' => array( 'featured', 'attachment' ) ) ); ?> to: <?php get_the_image( array( 'size' => 'swt-full', 'caption' => true, 'image_class' => 'featured-image', 'order' => array( 'featured', 'attachment' ) ) ); ?>
3. We just put a note on a theme page when it’s updated, and we post changelog, there’s no update system. Bittero was not updated, so no worries.
SinisaMay 9, 2015 at 1:45 pm #5338
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.